Durgapur is growing with its multi cultured multi religious people. Durgapurian's best practice "Unity in Diversity". People of various religion, caste and people of various areas of India live in Durgapur harmoniously. Durgapur has many religious places for the Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and temples of even South Indians. We are providing details of few of those religious places in Durgapur.
- Bhiringee kali Bari
- Piyala Kalibari
- RamSita Mandir at BidhanNagar
- Jaganath Mandir
- Bharat Sevashram Sangha
- Gourio Math
- City Centre - Church
- Masjid at Benachity
- Gurudwara at Benachity
BHIRINGI SAMSAN KALI TEMPLE WAS FOUNDED IN 1852 AD (1259 of Bengali year). It was founded by Siddha Trantrik Gurudev - Sri Sri Akshay Kumar
Roy of Bhiringi, Durgapur- 13, Dist - Bardhaman. In this Great Endeavour Naga Baba Tulsidas Gosain Maharaj of Buxur, Bihar was with him. In pursuance of Naga
Baba's desire in the Bengali year 1259 the idol of goddess KALI MATA was installed on PanchMundi seat(The seat consisting of five heads). This Temple stands on
the Burning Ghat of Bhiringi Village. The yearly Puja and Mahotsav of KALI MATA is organized on Amabasya in the dead of night in the month Agharayana (December, after Dipawali).The Temple is located in a plot of land measuring 4 Bighas.
Sri Sadhan Kumar Roy is the Present Sebayet of this temple.
The facilities in Bhiringi Kali Bari are:
- The Temple of Goddess KALI MATA.
- MAHAKAL BHAIRAB (Samshan Bhairab)
- The Temple of TRIGUNESHWAR MAHADEV.
- The Temple of Sankat Mochon (SRI SRI HANUMANJI).
- Naga Baba's SIDDHASAN and PANCHA SHOOL.
- Samadhi Mandir (Creamation Ground) of Naga Baba and forefathers.
- NAT MANDIR (The Place for Song and Path Probachan).
- SRI SRI GANESH MANDIR.
- RELIGIOUS PLATFORM (The stage on which Mahamandaleswer and Maharaj's given Religious Speech and Teaching).
- FREE RELIGIOUS LIBRARY AND READING ROOM.
- Good arrangement for DRINKING WATER to the common people.
- AMBULENCE SERVICE (Day and Night) available.
- Yatri Abas (Dharmasala).
- Charitable Dispensary.